Lakera A. McSweeney
Lakera joined Glinton Sweeting O’Brien in October 2019 as an Associate, after gaining 4 years of valuable corporate and commercial law experience at a boutique law firm in The Bahamas. Lakera practices a full range of corporate, commercial and financial services law and regulation, with a primary focus on corporate governance, secured financing transactions and regulatory compliance. Her practice also includes private client and estate planning.
Recent engagements include:
- Assisting multinational commercial bank in a cross-border merger within its group of companies and establishment of branch operations in The Bahamas.
- Acting as advisor and assisting multinational professional services firm with its internal corporate restructuring and requisite regulatory licensing in The Bahamas.
- Acting as advisor and facilitating the deposit of bona vacantia assets with the Treasurer of The Bahamas, on behalf of the joint administrators of a global investment bank.
- Advising and assisting major telecommunications company with respect to the private offering of its securities in local market.
- Advising multi-jurisdictional financial institutions with respect to secured financing transactions and enforcement of security interests pursuant to Bahamian law.
- Advising domestic financial institutions on regulatory and compliance issues, which correspond to their respective licensing with Bahamian regulatory authorities.
Lakera supports a variety of local community causes but is particularly passionate about education and youth empowerment. She is an active member of her church, Salem Union Baptist Church, where she serves as a leader of the young adults ministry, and regularly hosts legal information sessions.
“I enjoy the intricacies of a commercial law practice. Assisting clients in navigating the complexities of the local and international business environment is most rewarding!”
News & Articles
We are a progressive, energetic firm with a dynamic team of attorneys and staff dedicated to providing superior legal services to our clients.
Copyright © GSO Legal 2018-2020. All Rights Reserved.