Darron S. Pickstock
Darron joined Glinton Sweeting O’Brien in 2010 as an Associate Attorney. He practices a full range of corporate and commercial law, specialising in multi-jurisdictional real estate and commercial matters, with a focus in real property tax matters, insurance, financial services and immigration matters. In 2017, Darron was named as a partner of GSO.
Darron holds an LLB from The University of Buckingham, where he was awarded best overall academic performance and actively contributed to the life of the University. He attended the bar vocational course at University of the West of England in Bristol. Darron was called to the Bar of England & Wales and The Bahamas Bar in 2006.
- Representing major international insurance company in respect of it registration in The Bahamas, including advising on regulatory requirements.
- Representing world’s largest independent international financial consultancy, with $10 billion under advice and administration, in respect of its registration in The Bahamas, including advising on regulatory requirements.
- Representing a foreign lender.
- Acting for the developer in a gated development in South Westridge, New Providence, comprising 60 town-homes and 30 single family lots.
- Acting for foreign lenders in various secured financing transactions.
- Acting for numerous vendors and purchasers in the sale and acquisition of properties in various high-end developments.
Darron is actively involved in the community, participating in a variety of causes focused around the local arts and education. He serves on the Board of Violets Are Blue, a non-profit organization that aims to improve the quality of life for struggling residents in the inner city areas of Nassau by creating sources of income through the implementation of small businesses, education in entrepreneurship, and providing active on the ground support and guidance.
Darron is also passionate about helping underprivileged children in the country through positive influences at a young age in the areas of arts, education and culture. He participates in various organizations including The Ranfurly Children’s Home and The Boys Brigade, where he gives guidance and encouragement to young men in the community.
“I enjoy helping people and making a difference in their lives by giving those a voice, who otherwise wouldn’t have had one.”
News & Articles
Ministry of Finance Releases Green Paper on Corporate Income Tax Strategies for The Bahamas for Public ConsultationThe Ministry of Finance has released its Green Paper on Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Strategies for The Bahamas for public consultation. According to the Minister of Finance, the goals of the government are two fold: (i) transitioning away from the current business... read more
We are a progressive, energetic firm with a dynamic team of attorneys and staff dedicated to providing superior legal services to our clients.
Copyright © GSO Legal 2018-2020. All Rights Reserved.