Linda Beidler-D’Aguilar joined Glinton Sweeting O’Brien in 2015, both as a partner and as head of the firm’s Financial Services practice in 2015. She specializes in the creation and structuring of investment funds for both institutional and private clients. Linda also advises on corporate transactions, insurance, regulatory compliance, banking and securities law, public and private offerings, structured financing and general commercial matters.
Linda graduated from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service with a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service, and received her law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center. She was called to the bar of the State of Illinois in 1988. After working in a top tier Chicago firm and at Kelley Drye & Warren’s Washington D.C. office, she moved to The Bahamas in 1991. Linda was employed by two major trust companies before she was recruited to serve as in-house intellectual property counsel to Bacardi & Company Limited; she returned to private practice in 2003.
Linda served as a Director of the Bahamas Financial Services Board from 2010 to 2014, and continues to be active in BFSB’s regulatory, legislative and product development initiatives. She speaks regularly at financial services conferences worldwide, most recently at the 2014 and 2015 Bahamas Landfall events in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, the 2015 Private Wealth Brazil Forum, the 2013 Bahamas Landfall event in London and at the Third Annual Caribbean Conference on the International Financial Services Sector.
- Advising both issuers and placement agents with respect to public and private offerings of securities in local and international markets.
- Structuring partnerships, segregated account companies, investment condominiums and other vehicles as part of sophisticated succession and financial planning.
- Advising and creating investment funds for multinational, institutional and private clients.
- Advising on commercial, corporate and regulatory aspects of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Providing regulatory and compliance advice to domestic and international financial institutions.
- Preparing vehicles and documentation for structured finance, secured lending and other transnational financial transactions.
Linda is actively involved in the education of persons throughout the financial services sector to ensure that participants are up to date and familiar with new legislation, and have the necessary information to perform efficiently and effectively. She has assisted the Bahamas Financial Services Board with training and educational programs for industry as well as public sector employees; independently she has presented to the Securities Commission and Central Bank.
Providing better educational opportunities for bright students is a passion Linda shares with her husband. They are actively involved in local scholarship programs which assist talented Bahamian students to get the best possible post-secondary education and training, as well as international exposure.
Linda is also a founding member of Equestrian Bahamas. She strongly believes that young people benefit enormously from participation in organized sports and those sanctioned by international federations such as the Fédération Equestre Internationale offer opportunities to participate, compete and excel in a globally recognized sporting program.